Request a free consultation
Virtualization, cloud, BYOD and SaaS are changing the way the software industry views licensing and expanding your software purchasing options and opportunities. This is an essential part of your IT strategy since as much as 30 percent of your organization’s software portfolio is evaluated, upgraded or replaced each year.
Popular software licensing models include:
- User license – based on named users or number of users
- Server license – per server license that may be based on server “power”
- Subscriptions – “rental” of software for a specified period of time; includes hosted SaaS applications
- Usage-based – licensing fees are based on actual software use
- Open source – free software (but not necessarily free support and/or services)
We can help you optimize software license procurement in the following ways:
- Analyze your usage patterns – Optimize your spending by matching software selection, volume and licensing models to your organization’s unique usage patterns.
- Get creative – Understand hybrid and customize licensing solutions offered by vendors.
- Expand strategically – Choose the models which give you the most flexibility and predictability.
- Stay compliant – Compliance management is an important part of your software strategy.