In this class you will learn to master the most comprehensive packaging solution for your Windows deployments.
Create packages for Windows 7/8/10, customize MSI packages, create patches ... You also learn how to virtualize your applications including Microsoft App-V. And finally, you will be able to validate your packages for Windows 7/8/10 or IE 7/8 9/10/11 and, detect conflicts between packages. In addition, AdminStudio is the packaging solution available with LANDesk Management Suite.
And, a must-have training to create packages with ZENworks for Desktop or ZCM.
You should be comfortable with the following:
- Good Microsoft Windows knowledge
- Basic development skills (Visual Basic, VBScript, etc.)
What will you get out of this training ?
1. Introduction to AdminStudio
Architecture and Adminstudio tools
2. Installshield, an essential component of AdminStudio
Introduction to Installshield and Windows Installer
Create a package
- Your first MSI project
- Global options
- Features & Components
- Installation Sequences, Dialog Boxes and Actions
- Components: Basic features
- File copy
- Windows registry
- Component "Key"
- Components: Advanced features
- File association
- Environment variables
- ODBC: DSN and drivers
- Manage rights on customer machine
- Modifiy Ini, XML and Text files during installation
- Windows Services
Repair, "Self-repair" and "Advertised Shortcuts"
User Interface, dialog boxes and actions (standard and custom)
How to create reusable elements
- Merge Module (.MSM)
- Chained MSI packages
How to manage packages evolution
External packages customization
- Edit a package
- Create a Transform (.MST)
Convert a non-MSI package to MSI (Repackaging)
- Using Installation Monitoring
- Using Snapshot Mode
- Silent installation
- Passing properties from the command line
- How to create a log
3. Test your packages against your environment using Conflict Solver
Create an OS Snapshot
Import Windows Installer and Virtual Packages
Validate packages against Microsoft "best-practices"
Create your own validation rules
Resolve conflicts using Isolation
4. Simulate deployment using "Pre-deployment test"
5. Test your packages using "Quality Monitor"
6. AdminStudio and application virtualization
What is « application virtualization » ?
Microsoft App-V, Citrix XenApp and VMWare ThinApp
Compile a project to obtain a virtual package
Repackage to obtain a virtual package
Convert automatically a Windows Installer package to a virtual package
7. AdminStudio Application Compatibility Pack
Test your packages against Windows 7, 8, 2008 R2, 2012 …
Remediate applications automatically or manually
Duration: 5 days
Price: CHF 4'950.--
16 Nov 2017
Event End Date
20 Nov 2017